Tuesday, June 10, 2014

REVIEW: Out Of Control by Sarah Alderson



Out of Control by Sarah Alderson
Published May 22nd 2014 by Simon & Schuster UK
Review Copy: Kobo (ebook)

....
When 17 year old Liva witnesses a brutal murder she’s taken into police custody for her own protection. But when the police station is attacked and bullets start flying it becomes clear that Liva is not just a witness, she’s a target.

Together with a car thief called Jay, Liva manages to escape the massacre but now the two of them are alone in New York, trying to outrun and outwit two killers who will stop at nothing to find them.

When you live on the edge, there’s a long way to fall.

....

Alright then. I have not written a review in a LONG TIME. But things got very crazy. My dog died and I had a baby and between the two I had no drive to work on book blogging, but as life tends to keep moving on, I've decided to dip my toe back into my reviews. I'm a bit rusty so pardon the lag between reviews as I don't have a schedule planned. I've been reading so I've got books to review, I just have to write them (and some may end up on the shorter side.)

But lets dive back in, shall we? And what's a better book to start than the book version of a summer action flick that is Out of Control.

Out of Control begins with two murders and the body count keeps rising and Liva finds herself on the run from not one, but two unknown groups that seem willing to stop at nothing to capture her. Alone in New York City she has to use her wits to survive the mayhem.  Very near the start of the book Liva meets Jay and the two of them find themselves working together to survive whoever is trying to capture Liva.

Liva and Jay have CRAZY sexual tension (The 'this night might be our last' kind of tension). So, yay, that only adds to the fun of this book.

Honestly, this is not a book to think to hard on (Except at the end, where there is something important to be learned outside of the book.)

Sarah Alderson (who you know, is am author I LOVE!) has written a great beach read that will run like a movie in your head. It probably won't make your list of all time favourite books, but you will really enjoy yourself while you're reading it. (and if you haven't already check out her Lila series or The Sound which I'll be reviewing soon (hopefully) because it is all kinds of awesome!)








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...