Thursday, September 13, 2012

Underworld by Meg Cabot


Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2)
By Meg Cabot
PUB: May 8th 2012
by POINT
REVIEW COPY: personal e-book


....
Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.

....

All in all, Underworld was pretty good. I liked it about as much as Abandon. The action is pretty slow paced and at times I felt like none of the characters were really taking things all that seriously considering the threats they kept talking about. But the story is interesting and the ending promises more action in the third book to make up for the slower pace of this one.

Pierce is reconciling herself to the future she seems destined to have as John's wife/queen in the Underworld. I felt like she was sometimes being purposefully stupid at times, but all in all she's still fairly likable. In the same way, John is sometime's unreasonably jerky simply to be a jerk. This can make these character's somewhat frustrating to read about.

All in all, The Abandon Trilogy isn't a series I get really excited over, but it's one I enjoy reading while I'm reading it.





1 comment:

  1. I pretty much 100% agree with your ending line. I like while reading but I'm not dying for the third book and I'll get to it when I get to it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...