Friday, June 15, 2012

recapping and something(s) interesting

I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

This week I reviewed

Overseas by Beatriz Williams (5/5) and 
Fated by Sarah Alderson (5/5)

I didn't get Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) by Deborah Harkness finished for review, but soon. 

If you don't go to Goodreads, you might not know this, but I write mini reviews there of the books I don't review here. I read a lot of historical romance, plus some contemporary YA that I review there. I'm planning to start writing more in depth reviews of those books are well. 
You can find me HERE


In other interesting news.....

As you know, I love #TeamKilt and Jeri Smtih-Ready's Shade boys. Jeri has a great idea, oops,  I mean, Zach and Logan have a great idea to nominate Martin (Zach's Scottish friend from Shine) in the Ya Crush Tourney by the YA Sisterhood as an openly gay character (#ootofthebox). I love this idea and would encourage you to add Martin to your list. Read this tumblr post to learn more about it (aboot it?) 

the tournament is HERE at the YA Sisterhood

Also, I received an email about a new Book Review site from iDream with the password to check it out while it's in beta testing and to pass it on to you, so if you'd like to have a look go to http://idre.am and use the code 'discover_books' . It's like Rotten Tomatoes for books. 

Lastly, A reminder that I'll be participating in the Canada Day Blog Hop hosted by Carmel at Rabid Reads with www.snowdropdreams.ca and www.stitchandcook.com be sure to drop by between June 28th and July 1st to enter. I'm still deciding what to giveaway, but since it'll probably be my only giveaway this summer, I want it to be good!


Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...