Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday (Follow Hop)

I think this is the first hop I've done this year. Things have been really busy but I thought this might be a good chance to reconnect to blogs and get blogging more.
Enjoy!


Feature and Follow Friday is (as I'm sure you know) hosted by ParaJunkee's View (click the link to read the details and join up) and Alison Can Read

Today's feature blogger is Book That Thing and 
the question of the day is..

Q: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then “broke up” with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.

My Answer: YES!

While I'm sure there is more than one, the character that popped into my head when I read this question was
Eugenie Markham from the Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead.


In the first book STORM BORN I loved Eugenie. She was cool, conflicted and tough. I was excited to find a character I was looking forward to following through a big (anticipated) adventure.
Then came book 2, THORN QUEEN, and while Eugenie and I had some differences of opinion, I still cared about her and her world.
Then came book three, IRON CROWNED and I found myself disliking Eugenie and the stupid choices she just seemed to keep making again and again.
the final book, SHADOW HEIR killed any liking I had for Eugenie (although I admit I was already so done with Eugenie that I really just skimmed it to finish the series.)


And that is my sad bookish tale of "baby, it's not me, it's you."

I know this isn't the most popular series, so some of you won't have read it, but if you have what did you think of the DARK SWAN series? 

I think it's not so much what happens to the character as how they respond to the situation. When they aren't who we as readers think they should be.





5 comments:

  1. Ugh. Soooo frustrating when you love, like, ...then can't stand a character. Haven't read the series, but I've heard lots abt it on the bloggerverse.
    Thanks for stopping by my #FF.
    You MUST continue the Elemental Assassin series. It gets better and better (imo).
    Happy Friday. I'm an old follower.
    FollowFriday_Feature

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower!

    Haven't read the books, but it does sound like there was a frustrating change in the character.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading to read more of Michelle Mead's adult series. Sad you ended up breaking up with one of the characters! Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing quite a bit of Eugenie getting dumped. I was only upset with her at the end really.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to read this series too. All of Eugenie getting dumped posts are giving my 2nd thoughts..lol..
    I love the name, my Dad was named Eugene. Old fashioned but I like it.
    Have a gr8 weekend! New follower :)
    *My F&F*

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...