Saturday, March 3, 2012

EARLY REVIEW: Hell Transporter by Cyndi Tefft

Hell Transporter
By Cyndi Tefft


Pub:Mid to late March


Review Copy: pdf from author (early copy available with purchase of paperback from author's website.



Aiden MacRae has been given a new life after being stuck transporting souls to heaven for the last three hundred years. He doesn't know the culture, the times or the slang, but there is one thing he does know: he didn't come forward alone. 

The master of hell has other plans for the Scottish Highlander and has sent a transporter of his own to get the deed done. Will Lindsey be able to save him or get caught in the crossfire.

....

It’s honestly impossible to review Hell Transporter without giving away massive spoilers to the first book in the series Between. If you haven’t read this series, I highly recommend you stop reading here and go get Between, read it, then come back here. When you’ve finished thanking me for leading you to one of the sweetest and romantic books you’ll read this year, you can read the review for Hell Transporter and count down the days until it’s available for release. (mid to late March 2012 according to author's website)

After you’ve read Between, while you’re wait, if you ask her really nicely, I should tell you that Cyndi Tefft, the author of this series, also has three 18+ scenes from Between that are NOT in the book but are steamy and full of Aiden awesomeness that she has been known to email upon request. *sighs*
….

When I first read Between the first book in this series, I was struck by how beautiful the love story between Aiden and Lindsey was. They fall madly and perfectly in love and it’s so pure and beautiful that you can’t help but get caught up in it. Lindsey goes through a lot in Between and she and Aiden are rewarded for their faith with the promise of happiness together at the end of Between.

Hell Transporter starts right where Between left off. Aiden has a lot to learn about the world, as things have changed a lot since he was last out and about in it 300 years ago. Aiden is from a different time, and I really felt like that is never forgotten in this book. He sometimes acts like a jerk, in the context of modern attitudes. He’s also so different from other men his own age. on the other side, he also knows how to be a gentleman better than most guys nowadays. I liked the detail of Lindsey’s dad, on meeting Aiden, commenting that he seems much older than 21 years old. When he was last alive, he was a fully grown man and he acts like it. 

With Lindsey, there is a nice balance between her youth and her experience. This is a girl who died. She takes life more seriously than other kids her age (19). With everything she went through in the last year, she acts the way you would expect her too. She understands the importance of love and faith in her life.

One of my favourite aspects of this series is the use of faith. I love how religion in used in these books. Aiden transported souls to Heaven for 300 years. He has faith in God. How can he not? And Lindsey’s been through enough to have a lot of faith in things she does not understand too. So often Heaven is almost politicized in angel books and these books are unique in not falling into that trap. It’s a nice change of pace.

The only weakness in the plot for me was the Hell Transporter itself. The answer to the mystery seemed very obvious to me and I didn’t see how Aiden and Lindsey didn’t see what I saw. It didn’t ruin the story (I wasn’t banging my head with frustration over their not seeing the obvious) but I thought they might at least have had some suspicions. There were some interesting surprises during the big confrontation that I’m curious to learn more about in the future (yes, that’s vague but I don’t want to ruin those surprises).

Aiden and Lindsey’s relationship grows during this book. They are committed to each other but it’s a lot harder to have a perfect relationship in the real world, where there are other people involved. What I loved about their interactions, especially their fights, is that they actually TALK to each other when they fight. Instead of assuming the worst, they get to the truth. While they have some advantages over the average couple in terms of communication, it’s nice to see a healthy relationship as the main love story in the book. 

The other secondary characters are also well drawn and add to the story. All of Lindsey’s old friends from school are back and are pretty essential to the story. Lindsey balances her life with Aiden with her friends and Aiden is able to make some friends of his own. Once again, it’s a healthy relationship where both Lindsey and Aiden have individual interests and spend time apart and as part of a larger group. I also really liked Ian and Sarah. They fit perfectly into the story and were a great place for Aiden to end up. Lindsey’s parents are also back in this book and I really don’t know how things will work out between the two of them. I really wonder about the choices Lindsey’s mom makes.

Overall, Between surprised me in becoming one of my favourite love stories and Aiden is definitely one of my favourite book boyfriends.  Hell Transporter has cemented this as a series I want to keep reading and I’m sure I’ll keep loving it too.



And, Cyndi liked my earlier ones so I've attempted to create Lindsey and Aiden into My Little Ponies as well.
Once again, this is fun, but it's tricky so these were my best attempts. I think Lindsey is a cutie.




























Happy Reading!

This review is part of my MARCHing through Book Two event this month.
Leave a comment on the review and/or any links you have to either Between or Hell Transporter then click HERE to enter the Rafflecopter form. 



1 comment:

  1. I agree! I love that they have such a healthy and loving relationship and that heaven is not portrayed and political but as something beautiful and amazing.

    Aiden and Lindsey's Dad together were great!!

    Here's my review if you want to check it out!
    http://www.readingangel.com/2012/03/hell-transporter-by-cyndi-tefft-review.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...