Monday, January 23, 2012

REVIEW: My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking

My Blood Approves
by Amanda Hocking


Pub: Mar. 27 2010 by Lula


Review Copy: personal e-book (Kobo Vox)


Teenager Alice Bonham's life feels crazy after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave, he's unlike anyone she knows. Then she meets his brother, Peter. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. Falling for two guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood

....

I've had this book sitting on my Kobo for awhile (months -eek), and then noticed it the other day when I playing with a new Vox. It seemed like a nice change of pace being vampires and all. I haven't read a vamp book in forever  (that's  a really lame attempt at  immortal humour)


I had such a good time reading My Blood Approves. I liked Alice and I was completely hooked as to what the mystery was surrounding her, Jack and Peter. While it takes Alice a while to catch onto the vampire mystery, the rest of the story and the mysterious connections between the characters was addictive. 


I hate to use the "T" word here, and I'm comparing My Blood Approves in only the loosest possible way. But it did remind me of Twilight  in the fun way I was able to sink myself into a family of vampires and the girl who discovers them. Twilight  was addictive and My Blood Approves has that same addictive quality. My palms are itching to buy the next in the series. I really got into Amanda Hocking's style of writing and I'm looking forward to reading not only the rest of this series, but her fairy series too.


I thought the story had some unique twists that kept me on my toes. If you haven't looked at this series yet, give it a try.



3 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Amanda Hocking yet but I've heard only good things about her stories. I'm excited to read these, not sure if I'll get into this one being kind of like Twilight, but maybe. Thanks for the great review. I didn't know she had other stories other than the Switched series, so thanks for bringing this to my attention!

    PS. New follower :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea,thanks for stopping by and following! It's really not like Twilight, it just reminded me of Twilight. It's the oddest think because I know it's not really the same at all. I found Twilight addictive and My Blood Approves has the same addictive quality to it. I REALLY want to know what happens with these characters

      Delete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...