Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On The Second Day of Christmas











On The Second Day of Christmas, my bookstore gave to me...


Two Red Shoes
(and a lost book hidden in a library)


HONORIA SMYTHE-SMITH IS:
A) a really bad violinist
B) still miffed at being nicknamed "Bug" as a child
C) NOT in love with her older brother's best friend
D) All of the above
MARCUS HOLROYD IS:
A) the Earl of Chatteris
B) regrettably prone to sprained ankles
C) NOT in love with his best friend's younger sister
D) All of the above
TOGETHER THEY:
A) eat quite a bit of chocolate cake
B) survive a deadly fever AND world's worst musical performance
C) fall quite desperately in love.
It's Julia Quinn at her best, so you KNOW the answer is...
D) All of the above


...
I love Julia Quinn's books. She is hands down my favourite romance author and Just Like Heaven did not disappoint. It was impossible not to be excited when I heard that Quinn was writing a series involving the Smythe-Smiths. Their musicale has been featured in too many books for fans not to be thrilled to finally learn a little more about them.

Honoria was an easy heroine to root for, being so sweet and loyal to her family. We also learned more about the origins of the infamous musicale and why it is so important to the Smythe-Smith girls (even if they don't realize how important until it is over). Overall, it was a fun, light book that only made me happy to read.
...

1 comment:

  1. You introduced me to Julia Quinn and I have enjoyed her lighthearted style of writing. Very enjoyable! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...