Wednesday, December 21, 2011

On The Ninth Day of Christmas



On the ninth day of Christmas my bookstore gave to me....


nine pomegranate seeds
eight lovers loving
seven kick ass inventions
six more books in a series
five Iron Knights!
four unseelie princes
three teens in love
two red shoes
and a lost book hidden in a library!


What fortune awaited sweet, timid Percy Parker at Athens Academy? Hidden in the dark heart of Victorian London, the Romanesque school was dreadfully imposing, a veritable fortress, and little could Percy guess what lay inside. She had never met its powerful and mysterious Professor Alexi Rychman, knew nothing of the growing shadows, of the Ripper and other supernatural terrors against which his coterie stood guard. She saw simply that she was different, haunted, with her snow white hair, pearlescent skin and uncanny gift. This arched stone doorway was a portal to a new life, to an education far from what could be had at a convent- and it was an invitation to an intimate yet dangerous dance at the threshold of life and death.


...
I am a fan of Leanna Renee Hieber for life after reading Percy Parker. The plot, tone and characters were all so unique and well constructed that I felt like I sunk right into Percy's world while I was reading this book. If you're looking for something a little different, with a dash of mythology, I highly recommend this book.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...