Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins (84 of 111)

Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins
Pub: Oct.25th 2011 by HQN books
review copy: purchased e-book


Posey Osterhagen can't complain. She owns a successful architectural salvaging company, she's surrounded by her lovable, if off-center, family and she has a boyfriend—sort of. Still, something's missing. Something tall, brooding and criminally good-looking…something like Liam Murphy.
When Posey was sixteen, the bad boy of Bellsford, New Hampshire, broke her heart. But now he's back, sending Posey's traitorous schoolgirl heart into overdrive once again. She should be giving him a wide berth, but it seems fate has other ideas….(from goodreads.com)

REVIEW:
Now, I really do not read very many contemporary romances. I can count on one hand the number I've read this year - and I've tried to expand that number!

Until There Was You caught my eye by being something I would never normally choose. Being in a daring mood I downloaded it and gave it a go.

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The story is sweet and the drama is low key and kinda mellow. Posey has a great family and a well balanced life. If anything, Liam needs Posey way more than she needs him. It's a fun reversal of stereotypes since Liam is the bad boy biker and Posey is the awkward good girl. 

The romance between Posey and Liam was sweet and steady. They knew each other when they were teenagers (Posey had a HUGE crush on the older Liam). Posey also knew Emma, Liam's dead wife.

Emma was a biggish part of the story. Having died three years earlier, leaving Liam a widower raising their now 15 year old daughter. I liked that Liam and Emma really loved each other and Liam truly missed her. It made me care more for Liam and his daughter, Nicole knowing that they had lost someone truly special. 

I had some smallish issues with how some of the plot was resolved (a little too conveniently). All the "bad guys" all got a little too nice at the end and the ending is super-duper happily ever after!, but that's better than the alternative so I can get over it.

Overall, I think I might like contemporary romances more than I think I do. (?) I might try another Kristan Higgin's book. I'd be curious to see compare. Apparently this book was a first for her in giving the man's POV. I like getting both sides of the story so I'm not sure if I'd like a romance told from one side as much. 

a fun easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...