Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegan (83 of 111)

The Mephisto Covenant (Mephisto Covenant #1) by Trinity Faegan
Pub: Sept 27th 2011 by Egmont USA
review copy: purchased e-book

Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger—Sasha is Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx’s biggest threat. 

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he’s finally found the girl he’s been searching for: Sasha. 

With the threat of Eryx looming, Jax has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?

REVIEW:


You know when you are craving a really good chocolate dessert and you find a fresh baked chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing? It's everything you wanted and it satisfies what you were looking for. The Mephisto Covenant was my chocolate cupcake.This book hit the spot. It was exactly what I was looking for and I really enjoyed it. While classified as YA, I'd say it falls in a grey area a little above YA as far as content goes. Just a little more detail on a couple on pages and it would easily be a full fledged Paranormal romance.


Each of the sons of Hell are looking for an Anabo to save their soul and Sasha is the Anabo for Jax. Because of the importance of free will and choice, Jax must win Sasha's love freely. Only then will he gain a chance to go to heaven. 

It's all very dramatic and romantic and if you are in the mood for high drama romance this is the book for you. It's a stand alone romance and the first in the series that will follow each of the brothers as they find and woo their Anabos.

I really liked Ajax and his brothers. The set up reminded me of The Black Dagger Brotherhood (how could it not?) but without the same degree of angst and the naming issues. Being YA it's a sort of BDB light.


Sasha was a good heroine. Being Anabo she's not like a normal person. She can't understand greed or jealousy and that made her interesting when we saw the story from her POV (the story follows the romance style of jumping between hero and heroine POVs). Sasha doesn't always understand why people act the way they do, since she's incapable of acting like that.

Overall, this was a really satisfying romance with a bit of mystery and a lot of adventure. It was fun and I'm looking forward to reading more in the series and seeing where the larger story goes.


paranormal romance series with potential!








3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really fun and interesting book. I really want to read this now. Great review :)

    "The Mephisto Covenant was my chocolate cupcake" LOL. Too funny. I totally get that comparison. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book when I read it. Sasha was a great heroine for me. I liked that she seemed to stay true to her good nature and didn't sway from that.

    I would liked to have seen more of Lucifer and I hope that I do in the next one.

    My one critique was when everyone at the end started to give in to...well you know.
    Great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds so neat! I've seen a lot of other bloggers talking about it, but haven't read many reviews of it so far. I will have to keep my eyes out for a copy. I love me some paranormal romance, and your review has made me really curious. :)

    Molli at Once Upon a Prologue

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...