Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Branded By Fire by Nalini Singh (87 of111)

Branded By Fire (Psy-Changling #6) By Nalini Singh
Pub: July 7th 2009 by Berkley
review copy: purchased e-book


When a brilliant changeling researcher is kidnapped, DarkRiver sentinel Mercy, a cat, and SnowDancer lieutenant Riley, a wolf, must work together to track the young man-before his shadowy captors decide he's no longer useful. Along the way, the two dominants may find that submitting to one another uncovers not just a deadly conspiracy, but a passion so raw that it'll leave them both branded by fire. (From goodreads.com)


REVIEW


Branded By Fire was originally going in a DNF post I started writing the other day, but I realized I was too near the end to not actually finish it.  I choose this particular book in the series because it sounded interesting, however, the problem I came across is that this is a series that doesn't really work out of order.


Outside of the actual romantic relationship, I had a really tough time understanding what exactly was going on. I had trouble following relationships between characters and I'm still not entirely sure just what happened plot wise at the end.


Because of this I don't think I can give Branded By Fire a fair review. Instead I will say that having also read Nalini Singh's Angel's Blood I can confidently say that I like Nalini Singh's writing and if this series appeals to you I'd recommend starting it from the first book and reading in order. 


Overall, I wish I'd known to start at the beginning, but that's my own fault. There are a lot of big Psy/Changling fans out there so I think there's a good chance this is a series worth getting into and I definitely think I'll go back and try it from the start. 


NOT RATED

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...