Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep (77 of 111)

A Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy #1)
Jennifer Estep
Pub: July 26th 2011 by Kensington Publishing
Review copy: purchased e-book



My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy — a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest.
But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why—especially since I should have been the one who died. . .

REVIEW:


I just read Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep and was really impressed with the book, but I wanted something lighter so I thought I'd try out her Mythos Academy (YA) series starter, A Touch of Frost and I was not disappointed. This was a strong start that has me hooked for the next in the series. Estep did my favourite thing in a YA book. She remembered to tell a story that was above and beyond a romance. Yes there is a romantic interest, but there is also lots more going on with Gwen. 
I enjoyed the mystery Gwen finds herself embroiled in and was curious how things would play out. Just exactly how Gwen fits in at Mythos is something she needs to figure out. While there is lots of set up for the next in the series, Kiss of Frost coming Nov. 29th.  it didn't over shadow the story in Touch of Frost.
Jennifer Estep is 2 for 2 in my book now and I'm looking forward to reading more of her work. If you are looking for a YA with an interesting plot and good character development you'll want to check out the Mythos Academy series.


A strong story and likable characters

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...