Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BBAW -The Blogging Community Part 2


Today's Post asks:

The world of book blogging has grown enormously and sometimes it can be hard to find a place. Share your tips for finding and keeping community in book blogging despite the hectic demands made on your time and the overwhelming number of blogs out there. If you’re struggling with finding a community, share your concerns and explain what you’re looking for–this is the week to connect!

I've mentioned before how helpful Blog Hops can be in connecting to other bloggers. They can be a search engine of small to medium blogs. There is something really wonderful about finding other bloggers who share you tastes in books.

I've also found Twitter to be a great tool in connecting to other bloggers. For me, twitter is sort of a ticker tape of highlights from other bloggers. I probably end up reading more blog post because of twitter than from anything else. I also use twitter to let followers know what's happening here on the blog.

While I'm still a small time blogger, I do enjoy the opportunities to connect with other readers/bloggers and my biggest tip is to comment on other blogs to build relationships and get to know other bloggers. Sometimes as bloggers we get so busy sharing our opinions we forget to actually stop and read what other bloggers are sharing too & since most of us started blogging because of other bloggers I think we lose some of what makes blogging great when we do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...