Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday!




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating!


This week I'm waiting for Demon Lover by Juliet Dark



I gasped . . . or tried to. My mouth opened, but I couldn’t draw breath. . . . His lips, pearly wet, parted and he blew into my mouth. My lungs expanded beneath his weight. When I exhaled he sucked in my breath and his weight turned from cold marble into warm living flesh.
 
Since accepting a teaching position at remote Fairwick College in upstate New York, Callie McFay has experienced the same disturbingly erotic dream every night: A mist enters her bedroom, then takes the shape of a virile, seductive stranger who proceeds to ravish her in the most toe-curling, wholly satisfying ways possible. Perhaps these dreams are the result of writing her bestselling book, The Sex Lives of Demon Lovers. After all, Callie’s lifelong passion is the intersection of lurid fairy tales and Gothic literature—which is why she finds herself at Fairwick’s renowned folklore department, living in a once-stately Victorian house that, at first sight, seemed to call her name.

But Callie soon realizes that her dreams are alarmingly real. She has a demon lover—an incubus—and he will seduce her, pleasure her, and eventually suck the very life from her. Then Callie makes another startling discovery: He’s not the only mythical creature in Fairwick. As the tenured witches of the college and the resident fairies in the surrounding woods prepare to cast out the incubus, Callie must accomplish something infinitely more difficult—banishing this demon lover from her heart. (from goodreads.com)

The cover is what first caught my attention and the plot looks good too. Demon Lover is getting good reviews on Goodreads and I'm looking forward to reading it myself. 
The release date is December 27th 2011 (Random House Publishing House)
(I requested it on NetGalley *fingers crossed*)
UPDATE*** - Just checked my email and was approved on NetGalley to read Demon Lover YAY! 



15 comments:

  1. Saw this one on NetGalley but couldn't make up my mind about it! Go check NetGalley out so you can try to read it early!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! This book looks awesome! I have to check it out.
    Here's mine (if you want to take a look):http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with the dress she in wearing on the cover of Demon Lover. Think she'd let me borrow it? ;)

    I’m a new follower- your blog is great! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one once or twice and been totally intrigued by it. I'm glad to hear some good buzz, it's always a bummer when something looks/sounds good but then it falls flat.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, the cover is pretty eye-catching. I might have to read this. I love me some YA paranormal romance. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good book, thanks for following and commenting on my blog. =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that books sounds sooooo good!!! It's definitely on my TBR list now and I'm going to see if I can get it from net galley too. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished reading it myself - Netgalley said yes!- I think your WoW is a good choice.
    New Follower!
    My Wow http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com

    Cana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Demon Lover sounds like it could be a great read :)

    Yaay for NetGalley.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got this one waiting to be read. Great pick!

    Thank you very much for stopping by my W.O.W post earlier today.
    Hope you have an excellent weekend,
    Mocha

    My W.O.W: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday18.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to get this on Net Galley and they said no to me. Oh well. It looks like an excellent book. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds sexy! I'll have to check it out. I see it's on Netgalley, so maybe I'll start there. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cover. *goes right now to Netgalley and requests*

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    Also, check out my new meme, Before the Blog: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to this one, too. I'm glad it's available on NetGalley! I love the cover. Ir reminds me of Fallen. It seems like we enjoy the same books! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...