Monday, August 29, 2011

Kiss An Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (70 of 111)

Wedding Day

Pretty, flighty Daisy Devreaux can either go to jail or marry the mystery man her father has chosen for her. Arranged marriages don't happen in the modern world, so how did the irrepressible Daisy find herself in this fix?

Alex Markov, as humorless as he is deadly handsome, has no intention of playing the loving bridegroom to a spoiled little feather-head with champagne tastes. He drags Daisy from her uptown life to a broken down traveling circus and sets out to tame her to his ways.

But this man without a soul has met his match in a woman who's nothing but heart. Before long, passion will send them flying sky high without a safety net... risking it all in search of a love that will last forever. (from Goodreads.com Pub. Feb 1996 by Avon)



Review:


I bought Kiss An Angel for $1.99 on Kobo after Eloisa James recommended it on Facebook. It was a middle of the road book for me. I didn't hate anything but I didn't love it either. I managed to finish it which is an accomplishment since the three books before it I quit at 40% (hence the lack of reviews for awhile).
Things I liked:
I liked Daisy. She was great. 
I liked the circus, 'cuz..circus=cool.


Things I disliked:
the vaguely psychic bond Daisy had with the tiger.
The rapidity of Daisy's change of heart towards Alex and back again.


What I didn't care about one way or another:
the rest of the book.


So, as I said. It was middle of the road. I'd read Susan Elizabeth Phillips again (there were four excerpts for other books and two of them I wanted to keep reading immediately)


a decent story with a decent romance. 

nothing unforgettable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...