Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Go Time!

It's Friday! it's also the first Friday of August, which means summer is sliding towards Autumn...eek!
Living in a place that is winter 10 months a year I want to hold on to summer as much as possible but I can already feel the shift (just a tiny bit but it's there)
ah well, enough of that, lets get followed and following peeps!


First up on the Friday Roll is


Follow Friday brought to you by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read

#FF is a great opportunity to check out new blogs and get to know other bloggers.

this week...

Q:Talk about the the book that most changed or influenced your life?


A: The book that most influenced me & changed my life was Beloved by Toni Morrison. I remember even as I was reading it, being changed by it. I had grown up reading classic (and old) works, almost exclusively and when I read Beloved (in my late teens) I discovered that writer's who were still alive could be as amazing as authors who were long dead. 
This opened me up to the idea that no book should be considered off limits and that everything was worth trying. It was the book that pushed me out of my reading habit comfort zone .


Next up,


Crazy for Books Book Blogger Hop. 


I haven't done this one in awhile, so I'm hoping to find some great new blogs to check out!
Book Blogger Hop


Q:What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?
A: This is an  easy one. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa. It's the fouth and final book in her Iron Fey series & If you read my blog you'll find that I've repeatedly promoted this series as one you'll want to read.



Other News:


If you missed it, the fantastic Julie Kagawa posted a deleted scene between Meghan and Ash as a gift to fans of the series since Ash managed to beat out Patch (from Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush series in the YA Sisterhood Crush tournament

If you're looking for something a little darker, Karen Marie Moning also posted a free scene to fans HERE. It's Barron's messing with readers as usual.

Happy Reading!


20 comments:

  1. New follower! I seriously want The Iron Knight too :)

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Beloved, but I love your reason for reading it! I was mostly the opposite way, where I like reading fiction before the classics. Now I enjoy both! Great pick!


    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter 10 months out of the year? That sounds fabulous. Here in Arizona, it's basically SUMMER for 10 months out of the year. Yuck.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved The Iron Knight!! Have you signed up with NetGalley? They have this as one to read now! Be sure to check that out so you can read it early!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. post all of the following including the signature to each and every blog at
    the Book Blogger hop:

    As with just about everything else, most people will be startled to learn which
    ARC I’m looking forward to the most.

    Shocked, possibly.

    So what’s the next ARC I’m looking forward to the most? The one I can’t stop thinking about?
    The one that gives me sweaty palms?

    Hop on over to my blog now and find out – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, the follower widget thing isn't showing up on your blog so I can't follow you! I'll check back later to see if it's working though :) I so agree with you on The Iron Knight! I got approved to read it on NetGalley, but have so many books for review right now I havne't had time to dive into it. Soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Iron Knight! Lovvveeeedddd it.

    Thanks for stopping by mine. :)

    Amanda @ Letters Inside Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by! Following you back!

    I have not read Beloved but it sounds like it's made quite the impact, I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've heard of Beloved by Toni Morrison but can't seem to remember what it was about. As for The Iron Fey series, I don't just want the ARC, I want the entire series. It's on my wish list :-)

    Following you back from the #FF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh....this one reminds me I've gotta get busy with my netgalleys (because I recently saw iron knight on the site, and requested it as a kick in the pants. I actually haven't read any of the iron king books. They've been on my to-do list forever! And, if I get it I HAVE to read. I love excuses to read suff I've been wanting to read). Must. Read. Faster.

    Just hopping back from Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Beloved - will have to check it out.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just dropping by for the blog hop. I vaguely remember hearing of the Iron Fey series, but I don't remember any details. Hope you enjoy the book if you get it when it comes out!

    My hop: http://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/08/if-i-could.html.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was going to tell you I saw 'Iron Knight' on netgalley, but a few people already did :-) It sounded really good to me, but I haven't read the others yet...more books on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For those who mentioned it, I requested The Iron Knight on Net Galley a couple weeks ago but it's still pending. We'll see...Thanks for trying to help me out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopping through. I just finished Iron Knight through Netgalley. It was awesome! Hope you're able to get it. I see that you requested it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love it when a certain book really just inspires you toward a different genre, or changes the way you think about reading. :D

    I'm an old follower, and would really love to see you at my blog!

    http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-13-book-blogger-hop-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have great points there, so I always visit your site, it looks like you are an expert in this field. keep up the good work, My friend recommends your blog.

    My blog:
    credits rachat www.rachatdecredit.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful answer! I have never read Beloved but it sounds like a wonderful book. And what a fantastic lesson to take away from a book!

    Thank you so much for visiting me at Hands and Home this week!

    Bonnie @ HandsAndHome

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen and read positive book reviews for Julie Kagawa's novels. I'd like to try one someday after i finished reading my tbr pile.

    thanks for stopping by my blog and im your newest follower!

    happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will have to read the Iron Fey series. I've heard such wonderful things about it!

    Great blog, I'm your newest follower

    Evie@Paromantasy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...