Thursday, August 11, 2011

Friday Fun

It's Friday! Yesterday was a fantastic book day for me! I was approved to read The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa - and if you follow this blog you KNOW how badly I've wanted to read it! also,  Where Demons Fear to Tread by Stephanie Chong. As I said. A good day!
I'm in a great mood and want to share the good so here are a couple tips for today...

If you are a fan of Ilona Andrews, just a heads up: they are having a contest on their website to win an ARC of Angels of Darkness. HERE

And Richelle Mead fans head over HERE to win a copy of Bloodlines and info on how to pre-order signed copies of her upcoming books.




This weeks featured blog is

and The question of the week is:

How have your reading habits changed since you were a teen?

Answer: When I was a teen I was obsessed with classics and specifically Gothic literature. I loved, LOVED the Brontes and Charlotte Bronte in particular. It is a touch ridiculous how much I actually love Jane Eyre. I also loved Frankenstein, Dracula and The Phantom of the Opera. Anything with stormy nights and dark secrets made me happy.
In that sense my tastes are the same. What's different now is that I'm more interested in current authors and more willing to try new authors out. I've always liked a supernatural slant to what I was reading, but I think I'm more open to new things now.


Crazy-for books asks

Book Blogger Hop

“Let’s talk crazy book titles! Highlight one or two (or as many as you like!) titles in your personal collection that have the most interesting titles! If you can’t find any, feel free to find one on the internet!”


Off the top of my head, the first book that comes to mind is 
The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker 

(the sequel) The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker
both by Leanna Renee Hieber


Both titles are a mouthful and I always have to look them up to be sure I've got them right, but they are also a fantastic twist on the Persephone Myth with a nice dash of Victorian mystery and drama added in.




There is a third in the series but I haven't read it yet (but it's also a mouthful)

And that's it for Friday! Have a great weekend, I look forward to finding to great new blogs to follow!

Happy Reading!


17 comments:

  1. I've never tried the classics, but I do enjoy the supernatural. I see you're reading a Gail Carriger book. I loved Soulless, I'll have to buy the rest sometime.

    New Follwer ;) Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read much Gothic literature, but I did love Dracula and want to read the others :) New follower!!

    http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also started out reading mostly classics. It's very interesting to look back and see how your taste in books changes as you get older. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Hop for this week: http://mytowerofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-blogger-hop_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been a classic kinda girl (reader). New follower here!
    http://bookthatthing.blogspot.com
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually enjoy all kind of genres but now it's true that I like to discover new genres and new authors too, hehe.
    I'm your newest follower right now :D
    This is my Follow Friday. Please, feel free to pass by and have a look.

    Hope you have a great weekend,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT SITE...First-time visitor and NEW FOLLOWER.

    Stopping by from the blog hop. Stop by my blog if you like to see what book I chose with a crazy title.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,

    Those titles are mouthfuls alright. Especially the third one.

    Happy Hopping

    http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the classics I read in high school and I hope i can read more when I have time! Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! I adore reading mostly YA, but sometimes dabble in UF and paranormal romance. New follower. =)

    Oh and I am so glad to hear that you got approved to read The Iron Knight. I don't usually like reading ebooks but I may have to give in so I can read it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a few demon books in your to read soon pile :)

    New follower <a href="http://badassbookreviews.com/2011/08/12/feature-and-follow-friday-reading-habits/>Team Badass</a>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. So cool that you liked Gothic books as a teen. I wasn't that interesting a reader.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hopping by! I've heard about the Hieber novels but I didn't realize that they were a twist on Persephone! That makes me so much more interested and those titles are a mouthful, I just always remember that there are a lot of "P"s.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. They have really long titles.

    I am your newest GFC follower. Visiting via Book Bloggers Hop. Stop by and see which crazy title I chose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, callin in on the hop. Soooooo jealous you get to read the iron knight. well done.
    http://jdfield.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Old follower stopping by! I love supernatural stuff too, and if it's got a bit of the Gothic tinge, all the better. :)

    my FF/Hop

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...