Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday, Friday, Friday

And it's Friday again! I don't know about you but this week went really fast!

This week I'm trying out something new, GReads! has started a new Friday feature called



This Friday's Question:

The Reviews We Don't Write: 
Have you ever read a book and not wanted to review it? Are some books too personal that we want to keep our thoughts our own?

 (recommended by Jess from Gone With the Words.)

I would have to say no. I've only been blogging since the beginning of the year so I could see the possibility of not writing a review in the future, but so far it hasn't come up.
I've read books that I didn't enjoy and didn't want to write reviews for, but I'm someone who often doesn't finish books I don't really like. I think I have about a dozen half-read books since the start of the year that I've lost interest in.
As far as being too personal I do think that sometimes I can't write a really good review about a book if it's too personal. If I don't want to talk about the book my review becomes generic (and I guess, less of an honest review.)
I hate reviewing the Sookie Stackhouse books. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris was tough to review. I really love the Sookie books but I find them hard to review because they are so popular and now, because of the TV show True Blood everyone has such varied opinions of the characters. It's hard to talk about the books without the TV show interfering with the discussion so I just want to avoid it altogether. When I first discovered Dead Until Dark it was  the perfect antidote to how I was feeling and the series was exactly what I needed at the time. They still have a special meaning for me.

Head over to GReads to see what she has to say and check out other blogger's answers!

Happy Reading and Have a Great Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I would just rather not waste my time finishing a book that I can't give a good review.

    I've never heard of TGIF, but I like it! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about reviewing really popular books. I am re-reading the Gossip Girl series and don't plan on reviewing them since so many people have read them. My first review on my blog was actually the first Harry Potter book, but I probably won't review any more of the series since it's a tad overdone now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...