Monday, July 4, 2011

57 of 111 The Vampire Who Loved Me by Theresa Meyers


Dr. Rebecca Chamberlin hated nothing more than the vampires who had turned her loved ones into creatures of the night…until she became one herself. Now her experimental vaccine has become more urgent than ever, and has made her the target of vampire security chief Achilles Stefanos.
Built like a god with golden hair and an irresistible allure, Achilles made her feel passion the way no mortal man had before. Beck could no more deny her craving for him than she could the hated bloodlust in her veins. But when her vaccine fell into the wrong hands, Beck had a difficult choice to make—one that challenged everything she''d always believed…. (From Back Cover)

Harlequin | May 24, 2011 | Mass Market Paperbound


I picked this book up at the drugstore the other day for something light to read while sitting out in the back yard while the kids were playing in the sprinkler. I wanted to like it, and while there were somethings I did like there were more things I didn't. I don't mind the character cliches, if you don't expect the heroine to hate vampires, then change her mind as she falls in love with the tough-as-nails-on-the-outside-but-filled-with-a-secret-pain-on-the-inside hero that only our hard-knock-childhood-brilliant-scientist heroine can heal you don't read enough romance.
There are things I expect (and therefore don't mind in romance) but something happened about three-quarters of the way through this book and if just stopped making sense. 
The story starts off well enough and Achilles isn't a bad hero at all (I'd love him in a better book) but Becks (our heroine) is irritating. The story goes along just fine then becomes a horrible mess at the end.
It.Makes.No. Sense. At one point I went back to see if I'd missed something but nope. Sometimes it felt like I was reading parts of the story out of order. There is a plot involving Becks mother that isn't resolved and the epilogue is CRAZY. Seriously there is at least one whole other book in that thing.
Overall, while there were things I liked, especially in the first half, the ending was too much of a mess for me.


I want to love all books, but I really couldn't enjoy this one.

The romantic scenes are not the problem here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...