Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week I want to highlight

Heartless by Gail Carriger



RELEASE INFO: Orbit | July 1, 2011 
Lady Alexia Maccon, soulless, is at it again, only this time the trouble is not her fault. When a mad ghost threatens the queen, Alexia is on the case, following a trail that leads her deep into her husband''s past. Top that off with a sister who has joined the suffragette movement (shocking!), Madame Lefoux''s latest mechanical invention, and a plague of zombie porcupines and Alexia barely has time to remember she happens to be eight months pregnant.

Will Alexia manage to determine who is trying to kill Queen Victoria before it is too late? Is it the vampires again or is there a traitor lurking about in wolf''s clothing? And what, exactly, has taken up residence in Lord Akeldama''s second best closet

If you've been reading the Soulless series you know that Alexia is unlike any other heroine in fiction. Gail Carriger has created a world that is a crazy mix of the supernatural and the steampunk that is fascinating to read about.  This series has been growing and expanding as each book progresses and I'm looking forward to what happens next. 

5 comments:

  1. Great pick. I really want to read this one too! Love this series.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these yet, but I really want to. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow! I'm following you back. :) This. series. sounds. awesome! I would love to get my hands on these books. I've heard good things and can't wait to give it a go. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick!

    Thanks for checking out my WoW this week.

    New follower:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...