Monday, June 13, 2011

53 of 111 Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione


In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life…
She’s a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure—but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life.
Two lovers will dare to risk all.
Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his desire to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable—and let Tayla possess him, body and soul…(from back cover)

I won't lie, this was my actual conversation with my husband.

Him :"What are you reading?"
Me: "uhmm, It's not as dirty as it sounds.."
Him: "Oh..ok, what's it called"
Me: "uhmm, Pleasure Unbound, but it's really not as dirty as it sounds."
Him: (laughing at me) "it doesn't sound that dirty"
Me: "Yes it does.. and actually it kinda is."

So, I read Eternal Rider (Lords Of Deliverance #1) earlier this year and really liked it so I have wanted to try the Demonica Series, starting with Pleasure Unbound. I'd only heard good things about it and since I wanted another PNR while I fight this head cold I figured now was the time.
Anyway it was really good (like I read it straight through in one read good) and it had some steamy scenes. I admit, if I had read it in a public location (like the bus) I would have been blushing a time or two.
Overall, if you like a good Paranormal romance and haven't tried this series I definitely recommend it. I was never bored reading this book. There was never a moment when I thought, I get it, you can't resist each other and you are meant to be. Please get on with the rest of the story. It was quick, fast -paced and full of interesting side-characters who actually added to the story.

3.5 books - a solid story with good characters

Well , it did make me blush!



2 comments:

  1. Gotta love those books that make you cringe to bring out in public! The same books you have on your shelf. The ones you hope your friends wont tilt there heads and read the spines when your out of the room....*blush*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is really nice. I will definitely be checking up on your reviews from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...