Tuesday, June 7, 2011

49 of 111 The Devil in Disguise by Stefanie Sloane

*shakes head and tries to think about what I'm doing* Hi all! I'm back from an awesome week in Disney World with the family. So. Much. Fun. I'd never been to Florida before. It was HOT. The high today here is about 13C and in Orlando it's 33C. Anyway the point is, I'm trying to get back into real life today. Here it goes.

I managed to finish The Devil in Disguise by Stefanie Sloane on the plane ride to Orlando, minus the last three pages which I finished when I got back home. Obviously not ideal reading conditions. Since I've read 1 and 1/2 books since finished the majority of the book I'm finding myself having to work to remember all the details, plus I picked up a bit of a head cold on the airplane,  but with all that,  here's my review.


Lord William Randall, the Duke of Clairemont, is a rake with little regard for society—a most unlikely suitor for Lady Lucinda Grey. But his latest assignment for the Young Corinthians, an elite spy organization, involves protecting her from a kidnapping plot. To do this, the notorious “Iron Will” must use his devilish charm to seduce Lucinda and convince her he’s worthy of her attention. William never planned to become enthralled by the lovely Lady Grey—or to lose his own heart in the bargain.
Beautiful and fiercely intelligent, Lucinda has managed to gracefully sidestep even the most persistent suitors. Until the Duke of Clairemont, that is. She’s tempted by his sinfully sensuous mouth and piercing eyes, and finds it hard to resist the champion thoroughbred he offers her in exchange for the honor of courting her. Can she keep him at arm’s length when his touch begs her to let him so much closer?

I was really excited to read this book. I started following Stefanie on facebook through Julie Quinn's page and there has been a lot of build up to The Devil in Disguise. It's the first in a series about The Young Corinthians, an elite and super secret spy group in Regency England. 
In some ways, The Devil in Disguise reminded me of the Pink Carnation series by  Lauren Willig. I really liked the non-romantic elements of the plot. There was a good story there and I'm interested to learn more about the Young Corinthian organization. 
The romantic element was also really good. I liked Lucinda and Will and their romance worked for me. I like the tough-on-the-outside-with-a-secret-soft-side-that-only-the-heroine-can-reach type of hero and that's what you get here. 
If you like a little action with your romance, definitely give this one a try. This is a series that I'm looking forward to reading more of. 

**In a side note, I bought the ebook version from KOBO and the editing and formatting were atrocious. There were spelling mistakes and confusing jumps from POV. I recommend checking that these mistakes have been fixed/don't exist at another site or buying the paperback. If KOBO had better customer service I'd probably ask for my money back, but since I've been waiting 6 months for a service request I'm not worrying about it.**



Fun romance with lots of action on the side

Some sexy scenes, nothing over the top





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...