Tuesday, May 17, 2011

a few bits and bites

Well,I had a CRAZY weekend!


I spent my weekend violently ill with the stomach flu with a four year old daughter who also had the same violent flu at the same time. Needless to say, it was a really rough weekend in our house. I'm still feeling shaky and off so no big post today.
I also had another really cool adventure. I was asked by an author who I'm a big fan of to read  a not yet published next in the series and give my opinions of the book. This is the first time I've ever done this and it's really neat! I've finished reading the book but I'm going to try and write my feedback today. I'm hoping I can get some toast down and not feel quite so dizzy so I can do a good job and sound reasonably coherent. 

Between these two events I've made no progress on my TBR pile. I think I'm going to take a break from Phoenix Rising and jump to Hard Bitten. I'm having a hard time engaging with the characters.


Also, A BIG THANKS to Natasha from My Disorganized Ramblings who hosted a contest to win two signed copies of Divergent and Delerium, I was one of the lucky winners and I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing them. 





Until next time, Happy Reading!



1 comment:

  1. I certainly empathisize with you, I hope you both feel better!
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...