Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Best of 2011 - Armchair BEA

http://www.armchairbea.com/
I've decided to participate in the Armchair BEA this year and yesterday was lots of fun. There are so many interesting book bloggers out there and it's great to have the chance to check them out!
For those of you not participating, each day this week there is a different discussion suggestion. Today's question is: 
What are you favourite books of 2011 so far and/or what books are you hoping will be favourites by the end of the year?

While I try to keep up with new books from authors/series I'm a fan of, I often read books that were released a while ago so I'm not sure if I can count them towards this question. 
I really loved Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill. I thought it was one her best.
I also loved Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning and The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa. 
Looking at these books I realized that none of them are stand alone books or even first in a series. For the rest of 2011, I hope one of my favourites will be a new book by an author I haven't discovered yet.
I have a list on the right side of the blog of books I can't wait to read. These are all books I'm really looking forward to, so I hope at least a couple of them end up as favs for the year too.

In regular blog news:
You may have noticed a new header to the blog. I'm doing some updating so please bear with the changes I make. I'm also preparing a new ratings system that will hopefully be unveiled this week.
I have a busy week this week. We're off to Disneyworld on our big family vacation  on Saturday so I've got to spend this week getting everything in order. 
Since I'll be in Disneyworld next week I'll try to get at least one more book read this week. May has been crazy busy and I've fallen off pace so I'll be hustling in June to make it up.

I've started The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber, but since the new and last Madison Avery by Kim Harrison came out today, I'll be reading it first and possibly The Devil in Disguise by Stefanie Sloane.

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. I am dying to read Julie Kagawa's series! It looks amazing, I even have the first book, but haven't managed to get around to starting it for all the great books I've been granted on NetGalley lately!

    Have you read "The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker"? I noticed your reading in that series. I've got it on my Kindle, too, but haven't gotten around to reading it, either.

    Anyway, stopping by to say hello for day 2 or Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good books! I've enjoyed the Iron Fey series too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of Julie Kagwa's books yet but I've only heard positive feedback for her Iron Fey series. I'll have to give them a look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your books you chose! i'm a GFC follower of your blog now!

    mine are mostly dystopians! check out my list and follow me back?! =]

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Iron Fey series is pretty amazing. I really need to start the Shadowfever series. I keep hearing wonderful things about it.

    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Disneyworld! Have fun!

    I loved the Fever series too. It was so amazing!

    I'm a new follower! Nice to meet you!

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...