Monday, May 23, 2011

Armchair BEA



I love the idea of the Armchair BEA and I'm excited to be joining in the fun.

ABOUT ME:

Well, I'm a new blogger. My name is Lisa and I live in Canada. Also,  I really do blog on the armchair of my couch. When I'm not blogging I'm busy taking care of my two kids who are 4 1/2 (girl) and 2 1/2 (boy). Blogging is my time to focus on my own interests when if seems like most of my time is spent focusing on others.
I started this blog in January to keep track of what I was reading with a goal of 111 books in 2011. I've discovered that I really love blogging! I love reading other blogs and getting book recommendations, but I also really love the book blogging community. There is so much passion for reading out there and it inspires me.
I love having the chance to share my thought about what I'm reading and I love hearing other peoples opinions. I'm still working on building followers to join in those discussions, but the process is still so much fun. I'm learning as I go along and tweaking things as I figure out what works for me.
I'm looking forward to meeting other bloggers and having some fun!

To get an idea of what blogging is like for me, I'm currently sitting on the couch in my living room with a cup of coffee with my children who are having a their morning snack and watching Caillou. 

13 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, reading and blogging are just about the only things that I do just for me. Welcome to the book blogging community and to ArmChairBEA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 111 books! That's awesome! I hope you hit your goal!

    The snapshot of your typical blogging moment is quite touching -- I'm a couch-and-coffee blogger myself (tho currently without children).

    I'm looking forward to the rest of your Armchair BEA posts. I'm a new follower, too -- you seem to like a lot of what I like! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a somewhat new book blogger, as well, though I've been blogging for years at my personal blog. This is my first year doing Armchair BEA and I'm having a good time so far... though I think I got a little carried away with my first post. :) Good luck with your reading goal, 111 books is a lot of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to find new bloggers, it makes me feel less lonely! Everyone seems to have been blogging forever! I'm looking forward to reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa
    I'm also book-blogging from Canada, and got started for basically the same reason, keeping track of what I've read. I think we've read some similar books, and some of those authors I see on your site are on my TBR list. My kids are spaced the same time apart, just 7.5 years older than yours. Maybe I'll see you at the arena in September?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, so nice to meet you through Armchair BEA - yes, with small ones you definitely need something of your own! I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to "meet" you via Armchair BEA! I know what you mean about reading and blogging being the only thing we moms do for ourselves. I call it my "stay-sane strategy" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your goal for reading! You can do it :o)

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy BEA! New follower here :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to book blogging. I can think of no better reason to get started than a resolution. LOL! Keep it up. It's a wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Our kiddos are just about the same age! Love that! Isn't blogging about the books we read almost as good as reading them?!

    On behalf of the Armchair BEA organizers thanks so much for participating! We really are so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Lisa. Welcome to Armchair BEA! I'm very impressed by your 111 goal. It's awesome how so many people are participating in ABEA this year. :) It's a pleasure to meet you!

    All the best,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your reading goal! Do you have a favorite PNR author or series? I read a lot of PNR myself, although not as much as I read YA, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apparently I came on here earlier, followed you, and then got distracted and didn't comment. LOL

    That sounds exactly like how I blog! I grab my coffee, pop on some tv for the kiddo, get her a snack, and blog!

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...