Friday, April 22, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

So two Blog Hops this weekend, since I'm hoping to have some free time to explore with the long weekend (4 days!) Please have a look around, and if you like what you see, follow me. If you have any book suggestions, let me know too!





Q. What is on your current playlist right now?



Right now I'm loving Adele, also I've been listening to Roxette's greatest hits (so random, I know).

Book Blogger Hop
This week's question comes from Christina who blogs at The Paperback Princesses.  She asks:


 "If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?"

My Answer: YES! If I love a book, I'll look for anything else that author has written. Sometimes it's a great opportunity to try something I wouldn't normally have chosen to read. For example, I love the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. This has lead to me trying some of Briggs other works that I wouldn't have otherwise looked at. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoy straight Fantasy books. I've been reading urban fantasy and there is actually quite a bit of crossover by authors. Kim Harrison also has a whole series of Fantasy books as Dawn Cook. I'm interested in reading these too. With Romance, I actually have trouble trying new authors. If I find an author I like I stick with them and don't want to try new authors. Usually I only try new authors if I read a recommendation from an author I really like. For example, I love Julia Quinn romances, so if I'm looking for a new romance, I'll chose one that she recommends either on her website, or on facebook (she has a Monday romance recommendation every week). So, yeah, if I like a book, I'll definitely read more by that author!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

What about you? 

7 comments:

  1. To see my playlist and to follow me back (I’m following you now from Follow Friday) check out My Follow Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I really like your layout :3
    I'm stopping by/following from the hop :D

    I'm also having a big contest on my blog at the moment, so feel free to check it out!
    Have a great weekend!
    Asma
    -www.themoodyteenager.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I was hopping through and am a new follower.
    I love the feel of your site.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up on my Blog Hop (finally)! Love your site, violet ;)
    Here's my HOP post . I'm your newest follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realise Kim Harrison had a fantasy series. Might have to check that out at some point. I do that too, if an author recommends someone else I look them up and find myself trying something I normally wouldn't.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog.

    Stopping by from the blog hop. Most folks have the same answer that they do look for other books by an author...it sure is neat to get ideas for new authors.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer and for a book giveaway.

    Giving away: Dance Lessons by Aine Greaney.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting. If I haven't been to your blog yet, I'll be by in the next week, I ended up having a busy weekend.
    Karen- I haven't read Kim Harrison's Dawn Cook books, but I hope to try one soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...