Monday, April 18, 2011

38 of 111 The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa


"My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who''s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I''m not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back"

Yes, I skipped this one ahead of Beyond the Highland Mist, but I just couldn't wait! I'd put off reading The Iron Daughter because I was so afraid it would suck (Which it didn't). I really enjoyed The Iron King and was so afraid my joy in it would be ruined by sub-par sequels. I know I'm not the only that's happened too and it's always disappointing when you love a book, but not a series. I'm happy to say that, like Iron Daughter. Iron Queen lived up to, and enhanced the series! I don't want to ruin anything because this series is really good and I'd hate to spoil the experience for anyone who hasn't read these books, but be warned. The ending had me choking (no...I won't say why) and Julie Kagawa is lucky she is writing a another book or she would probably have to go into hiding to avoid fans who would have to camp out on her lawn until she was forced to write a forth book with more Meghan and Ash.
Meghan continues to grow and mature and she has to make more and more difficult choices, but she remains likable and someone you can get behind. Ash is, of course, perfect and you will only love him more (if that's possible!) I've decided after reading The Iron Queen that all "Team" buttons can be officially retired. No hero in any book can beat Ash, he's too great and all other "book boyfriends" will fall before him. (Ok, so I maybe have a little book crush on Ash)
As with the first two books, the secondary characters are interesting, well drawn out and believable. Puck is back and, while a little darker this time, still so likable. It's not hard to see why Meghan cares about him and sees Puck as her best friend. He's someone you would want to know.
I won't say anything to give away the plot since I really do recommend this series. I will say that the ending is unexpected and I may have gasped, choked and cried out NO.No, noooooo. Wwwhhhyyyy???? and then thanked the heavens there is a forth book. 


Review
5 out of 5 - It was a cruel ending, but it was still a good ending.


Since this is the third in a series, I recommend starting at the beginning with The Iron King and reading the series in order with The Iron Daughter then The Iron Queen. There is also a novella between Iron King and Iron Daughter, called Winter's Passage. I've linked the words to the reviews of these books. 

1 comment:

  1. I have this series on my tbr list but It just gets pushed back! I needa sit down and start it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...