Thursday, March 24, 2011

31 of 111 Angels' Blood

I really am reading River Marked by Patricia Briggs, but because I really do love the Mercy Thompson series I splurged and bought the hardcover. Obviously I am a fast reader. This makes hardcover editions feel a little pricey especially when it's not that big of a book. Therefore to spread out the reading of my hardcover I need to supplement with some other reading and I had downloaded Angel's Blood since Nalini Singh is the only author from Must Love Hellhounds I hadn't read yet. I had a nasty fall on the ice on Monday and ended up in bed all of Tuesday to rest my back, so I got plenty of reading done then!




Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh



"Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux is hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael. But this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.
The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other-and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break."

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I've read lots of good reviews of Singh's books from reviewers whose opinions I value so I assumed I'd like it going in.
It was sexier than I excepted and violent, but in a good way. (That sentence sounds weird). I thought the story was really interesting and the main character, Elena was someone I wanted to read about. I liked her flashbacks/memories. Raphael made me uncomfortable. I think it's because I'm a very private person, but I always feel uncomfortable reading about characters who can read/control your mind. That said, Raphael was so well written, because even though he made me uncomfortable he was really intriguing. I loved it whenever we got a glimpse into how Raphael was thinking. All of the secondary characters were so well formed that I'd enjoy reading more about any of them. 
At the end of the ebook was an except from Branded by Fire from Singh's Psy/Changeling series. It interested me so I bought it too. (It's from the middle of the series but since each book focuses on a different couple I figured I'd go with the one that caught my interest, since I can always go back to the beginning to follow the larger plot). I've been off straight up paranormal romances for awhile but I'm enjoying this one. Once again, all of the characters are actually interesting. I like that all of the women seem smart and strong.  I'm not done it yet, I'm only about 70% done so I'll finish my comments when I review it.
Back to Angels' Blood
Rating:
4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...