Thursday, February 24, 2011

21 of 111 The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker

The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanne Renee Hieber


"The albino beauty who has come to study at Victorian London''s Athens Academy will learn not only to deal with the ghosts that she can see, but her own part in the puzzling prophecy that threatens the known world."


What's that you say? I have never mentioned this book as one I'm planning to read ? Why did I read it? Well, as you may have figured out, I'm somewhat unpredictable when it come to what I'm going to read and when I'm going to read it. TSBTofMPP is a book I've had on my radar since it was released and frankly I'd kind of forgotten about it. Then last night, I was browsing Kobo (I read the free first chapters of books to pick out ones I might like - especially with romances, it gives me an idea if I like the authors voice.) Well, there was Miss Percy with the opening plus the first 2 chapters FREE! Naturally I read them, fell madly in love with this book and had to read it immediately. I stayed up way to late last night, read while the kids napped and then "bad-mommed" my afternoon by letting them watch TV until hubby came home to I could finish it. I rarely do this but too cold to go out (around -30 C) and play and we'd been out all morning so it was a good excuse to be lazy.


Well about The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker. It actually is strangely beautiful. Ever since I was a kid I have always loved Greek mythology. I used to read Greek myths for pleasure and I studied it a bit it university as well. So,  as someone who enjoys myths,  I absolutely LOVED the use of the Persephone myth in this book. It is so wonderfully told and in such a magical way that I actually curled my toes with happiness while I was reading.
I haven't got a single bad thing to say about this book. I thought is was absolutely perfect and I would highly recommend it. Since I know I'm critical of books I read, even ones I love, I'm really trying to think of something... Nope. Nothing. I thought this book was amazing. There is a sequel that I'll be starting ASAP. 
The only unfortunate thing is that, when I really love a book I need to own it in paper form and because I was not expecting to love it this much I bought the ebook. That means it's going to be a double buy since I'll have to go and get the paper copy. I really hate doing this since it drives my husband CRAZY that I'll own a book twice. If I know I love an author I just buy the paper copy. I try to keep ereads to books that I can "read 'em and leave 'em" but once in awhile a book surprises me and we have an incident like this.


Rating
5 out of 5


What I'm reading now
duh- THE DARKLY LUMINOUS FIGHT FOR PERSEPHONE PARKER


Dreamfever  by Karen Marie Moning
A Test of Wills by Charles Todd
At Grave's End Jeaniene Frost (Still need to finish from when I was sick)
Shy Duchess by Amanda McCabe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...