Friday, December 31, 2010

1 of 111 (110 left) The Lady Most Likely

The Lady Most Likely by Julia Quinn, Eloise James and Connie Brockway


"Three of the brightest stars of historical romance invite you to a party at the countryhome of the Honorable Marquess of Finchley


Hugh Dunne, the Earl of Briarly, needs a wife, so his sisterhands him a list of delectable damsels and promises to invite themâ€"and a few other gentlemenâ€"to her country house for whatis sure to be the event of the season.
Hugh will have time to woo whichever lady he most desires . . .Unless someone else snatches her first.
The invitation list includes:
  • The horse-mad but irresistibly handsome Earl of Briarly
  • The always outspoken Miss Katherine Peyton
  • The dashing war hero Captain Neill Oakes
  • The impossibly beautiful (and painfully shy) Miss Gwendolyn Passmore
  • The terribly eligible new Earl of Charters
  • The widowed Lady Georgina Sorrell (who has no plans to marry, ever)
And your hostess, Lady Carolyn Finchley, an irrepressiblematchmaker who plans to find the lady most likely . . .to capture her brother's untamed heart."


This novel in three parts will count as my first novel since it's close enough to 2011 that I'm counting it. It was a quick read and since I needed something to read last night so I finished the third part.

It you are a fan of any of the authors I recommend this book, but otherwise skip it. I admit that I love Julia Quinn and I love the Bridgerton Series. She is my guilty pleasures so I enjoyed her "part" of this book, but beyond that there isn't must to say. I'm not a fan of short story romances since they always feel too rushed. I have read one Eloise James novel before but I didn't love it. This book has the same problem, too many horses. What is the obsession these writers have with horses and men who are obsessed with "horseflesh"? I think horseflesh might just be one of the least romantic words EVER. I end up thinking of skinned horses hanging on hooks. I know that's not what they mean, but the visuals are very off-putting.
There isn't much to say about this book. If you already like any of the authors you'll enjoy it simply for that reason. If you haven't tried these writers this isn't the best sampler out there. This is my first Connie Brockway   read but based on the overall book, I doubt it's her best as both JQ and EJ have better stuff out there.
If you are looking for a short story romance collection, since, as I said I like JQ alot, I'd recommend
The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown or
Lady Whistledown Strikes Back

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...